Existing U.S. Customs laws were enacted as early as 1790. Although the speed of importing goods has increased significantly, many of the rules pertaining to classification, valuation, admissibility, and drawback are constant. So-called "current" processes are hundreds of years old.
For experienced Customs law counsel, schedule an appointment today with one of our seasoned Customs and trade attorneys. Based in Los Angeles, we have additional office locations in Washington, D.C., San Diego and Shanghai.
Dedicated Washington Customs Lawyers
While the length of our careers cannot match the 200+ years that the United States Customs and related trade laws enjoy, the attorneys at Stein Shostak Shostak Pollack & O'Hara, LLP, possess comprehensive experience representing diverse client interests over a broad range of discrete and sophisticated issues. Since 1933, the firm's practice focuses on all areas of Customs and international trade law. We help importers and exporters with complex legal matters that include:
- Pre-importation planning and resolving duty and trade law disputes
- Export law related to Government licensing, detentions and seizures
- Customs seizures and penalties and related litigation
- Customs detentions and seizures of alleged counterfeit goods
- Related U.S. federal administrative law involving imports and exports
- Free Trade Agreement qualification
- Structuring imports to achieve favorable product classifications and duty rates
- Regulations pertaining to licensing of Customs brokers, bonded warehouses and foreign trade zones
- Legal issues governed by international trade law
Our Shanghai, China Law Office and English-Speaking Partner
Stein Shostak is uniquely positioned because our China partner has the following qualifications:
- Xinyu "Jason" Li is is licensed to practice law in New York
- Nearly two decades of U.S. Customs law experience
- Is fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
Not many American law firms have law office locations in China with the ability to practice U.S. Customs law. Talk to our partner in China today about your specific international Customs and trade law needs.
Experienced California International Trade Attorneys
If Customs questions an importer's right to make entry or there is an issue concerning the admissibility of a product, immediate legal action may be required. While we encourage proactive pre-importation planning, the firm's attorneys assist importers and exporters in navigating complex Government bureaucracies.
Without legal help from a Stein Shostak Shostak Pollack & O'Hara, LLP, trade lawyer in Los Angeles, hundreds of thousands of dollars can be at risk. Late deliveries of products can void sales agreements or require significant and costly discounts to the product's purchaser.
Reach Out To Us Today
Stein Shostak Shostak Pollack & O'Hara, LLP, is well-known and well-respected among U.S. Customs officials and members of the international trade community. Our firm is headquartered in Los Angeles and also maintains offices in San Diego, Washington, D.C., and Shanghai, PRC. To schedule an appointment, contact our Los Angeles office at 213-630-8888 or our Washington, D.C., office at 202-331-1876.